Company History

Glassmere Fuel 75th Anniversary

Glassmere Fuel Service, Inc. began as Glassmere Service Station located in the town of Glassmere, PA (now Creighton, PA), in 1941, by John McCabe. A Mobil Oil branded distributor, John McCabe sold the business to a Mobil Oil Co. employee, Mr. Charles Cromie, in 1952. Mr. Cromie operated the business, until its purchase by his son, Mr. Dell Cromie, in 1978.

Company History

Since 1978, Dell Cromie has expanded the business to the point where today, Glassmere Fuel and its affiliated companies deliver home heating oil to more than 6,500 customers in Southwestern and North Central PA. It also operates a network of Glassmere Food Mart convenience stores, a transportation division and a wholesale division delivering millions of gallons of petroleum products annually to an array of convenience stores, trucking companies, municipalities and other commercial accounts.

It has only been through the dedication of our loyal employees, many of whom have over 20 years of service to the company, that has enabled us to grow and prosper.

We pride ourselves on our ability to provide prompt and dependable service and competitive pricing delivered by friendly, courteous and knowledgeable personnel.